DTI’s vision is to create “HUBZone Labs” as a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) / Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) development laboratory that will engage local high school and college students with practical Scientific Technical Engineering Math (STEM) training and experiences. Our object is to utilize these two research and research development programs to benefit DTI’s product development and commercialization initiatives while also benefitting the local community through:
- Introducing and fostering the pursuit of STEM as a viable and obtainable career field.
- Teaching the value of free enterprise through training, education, and the realization of setting goals and tangible objectives that yield results.
- Incorporating local Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) faculty and staff into project teams to enable these students to explore their potential and provide the incentive to pursue a higher education that leads to career opportunities.
- DTI has positioned itself for this future growth through its association with two local HBCU’s: Morgan State University and Bowie State University.
- Our ultimate objective is to do our part to transform our HUBZone neighborhood into a vibrant, prosperous, and economically sustaining community.